May 19, 2013

May 6, 2013

Yep, we celebrated cinco de mayo, with tacos and all.

Another week in argentina.....Dad, everytime i hear someone say it takes that long for the language, i want to cry! haha. I realize it is a process, but I have just never been so frustrated in my life. I can usually understand most of what is said, but I am just praying I come home fluent. 
 
This week has been another week of trying to find people. We contacted into a man, 73 years old, who is actually a member of the church. He got baptized like 40 years ago in Uruguay, but went inactive, his ´wife´ passed away 3 months ago, and now want to return to church. He is so sweet, and is actually pretty sharp. We have also been working with some menos activos. One family has 4 boys, 3 haven´t been baptized. SO we are working with the mom to reactive her, and teaching her adorable kids, she has twin boys .
Ok here´s some random things about argentina from this week....their haircut places are all closed every Monday.  There are also so many holidays here....and every holiday there is no school and everything is closed. They teach english in schools, so kids always want to practice it. The people LOVE their novelas...like day time soap operas. haha. We went shopping and I was looking for just ground hamburger, but all they had was cow tongue and intestine...i guess that´s common here! We had lunch with some members, and I tried intestine! So nasty and chewy...there was also cow stomache, my comp didn´t know it because it looked just like some yummy fresh salad...haha she almost barfed. There are also little kiosks everywhere, kind of like we have gas stations everywhere, they have little stores connected to houses. (This is where to buy alfajores and everything yummy). Luckily there is lots of fresh fruit here, they always have fruit after the meal as the dessert.
Daniel, they have chippas (?) here, those little bread balls with cheese like in brazil! I´m actually eating them right now....
And we also had empanadas....sooo yummy here. I am going to learn how to make them:) My comp also makes dulce empanadas, it´s like filled with a nobake cookie filling and fried. Pinterest worthy.

We always bring treats to district meeting, and even handouts this week. We represent the relief society, so nothing but the best. And the elders never knew all they were missing out on.

This week it was raiiiinnny

. There was a day that it was so humid and misty, you would be drenched walking around outside, even though it wasn´t raining. 
 
Ok I don´t have much time, but I will be talking to you this week! yay!
Basically all i have right now to talk about is food and the dogs here, so hopefully some things happen before then.
love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment