March 11, 2013

!!! Anyone can email me !!! marisa.andrews@myldsmail.net

What's in the gadianton dressing?

Can't tell you, it's a secret combination. jajaja.
Hola!
(Maybe someday I will be able to write the whole letter in espanol...and then you will have to google translate. But for now we will just stick with 'hola' for sake of time and clarity:)....oh but my companion said I have been talking in my sleep in espanol...haha)
I have made 2 weeks in the mission field! Back in the old days, (of like 2 months ago), I would still be in the MTC for another week. Oh, and I CAN EMAIL ANYONE! Not that this will make my fanclub huge or anything....but Mom, if people ask can you let them know my email?
First of all, about some of the things about Virginia you asked about...It's so warm here today! Yep, it's like spring. Everyone goes on and on about how beautiful spring and fall are here. The trees haven't blossomed, but it's lovely enough to not wear a huge coat. So it hardly every snows here, except this last week, WE HAD A SNOW DAY! If there is even a forecast of bad snow, we are all 'grounded' and can't drive cars. Haha, ridiculous I know. So one of the days  this week (i cannot keep track of anything...) it snowed, so we stayed inside all day! I pretty much studied and read, and ate, and we played Jenga, and I got all crafty and made a scripture case I needed. And then the next day it was sunny and warm. Dad, sometimes we do split up and drop half people off somewhere else. It all gets tricky, even getting rides from members, because everything is spread out. And, this mission is splitting in July! Part of it will be the new Chesapeak mission, but there will 250 missionaries in this mission by the end of the year, as well as the Chesapeak mission.
 
This week I got to teach english class! Well, I didn't do much of the teaching....but the missionaries teach an english class one night a week at the church. It is all nonmembers that come. We teach basic but really useful stuff, like getting to know someone and asking questions. Thursday night is when the ward has all activities, so after is soccer. Oh my goodness this is a big deal. THey play in the gym, and it is intense. Missionaries play too, but other than that there is not an American. That's another thing where it's mostly nonmembers. Oh mom, the girl who plays the organ in our ward is 11!
We also had zone conference, which was good. After we went to Golden Corral, and then after we had a meeting where they fed us pizza. This was all within like 5 hours, and people here are just too nice in feeding us. I may have to get a second stomach implanted. We also had Peruvian food (shoutout to Pat:) at a members house, which was yuuumm. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL! (p.s. we were listening to John Bytheway, and he wrote a whole song about Carriage Cove. For real. He lived there, and got married. Maybe you should youtube it?....) I'm sad to be missing the week of birthdays!!! So eat lots of cake for me:)
We have 2 baptisms!!! One couple have been investigators for a year, and their son is baptized, and they are getting baptized!  They are such great people, and we are so excited that they are being baptized.
There is another family that we have been teaching. They are the most perfect little family. They  have a boy and a girl. I had heard about them, and finally met them yesterday. We had sunday morning breakfast with them and make crepes:) The children are SO polite, and mature, and smart, and the parents are adorable. They cry watching cheesy mormon videos, spend every friday night together, already have the family proclomation hung on their fridge....basically they will be great members of the church:) Oh, and she is the best cook.
Everything is going ok. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time...but having a good lesson makes it worth it. One of my favorite things is having study time, which still never seems long enough. The spanish is...not the easiest. It has been a challenge being here temporarilly, because we are not trained. So it's difficult to always contribute and know what is going on, but I am trying to do all I can to improve everyday. Transfers are this week, so one hermana is leaving, and we are getting a different hermana.
Thank you for all the updates! Mom, the mission address is fine to use, I get everything at my apartment the next day. I think the last thing you sent only took 3 day to get to me?..

Enjoy the UT snow:)

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Love you all!
-hermana andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment