March 11, 2013

March 4th

Hola familia!
Ok i have about a million things to catch you up on......
So i will try to answer all the questions and let you know whats going on.
 
I am in Richmond Virginia! I flew here Monday. People from our district went to Washtington DC south, North Carolina, Carlsbad, and Richmond. My companion and I got to fly here togehter. There are 5 people who are waiting for visas right now that we flew with.
 
We arrived and were picked up by President Perry. This man is so great. This mission gets a TON of visa waiters. Luckily, he said only 1 has ever been permanetely been reassigned here. As far as the visa, pretty sure they just need bed space at the mtc. haha. We have no idea when it will get here, I got an email from the church that just said they are working on it. I realize this is part of my mission, and God wants me here or he would move me....but I do want to go to Argentina. More about that later.
 
There are 2 hermanas, and then me and another new sister, going to a different argentina mission, are together. Yep, there's 4 of us. And 1 car. Last week we had an extra girl. Quite the logistical challenge. And yes, it is spanish speaking.   The spanish areas are huge...so there's a ton of driving. The 2 hermanas are super great...they have both been out almost a year.The language is SO hard. Let's just say, it hasn't been the best week of my life. But I am trying to do everything I can.
 
The people here are great though! Let's start with one of the most important things first...food. TOday we actually ate pupusas? at a little El Salvador restaurant. THe people are from everywhere in this area - especially Guatemala, Dominican, El Salvador. Everyone is so nice in the hispanic culture, offering this hot rice milk drink. Yesterday we went to a member of the bishoprics house.It was SOO good, especially after a day of fasting.
 There is no sense of time. Like sacrament mtg started at least 10 minutes late. And we can show up an hour before or after the 'scheduled' appoint time and be fine. Different than how we schedule home teaching 3 weeks in advanced and no one would dare show up 15 minutes early...haha.
 
I can't even remember everything that has happened....talk about a long week. It has been difficult, but obviously I am here for a reason. We study all morning, but this mission is not even as busy as being at the MTC! haha. Being able to teach people and meet and love people makes it worth it though. Everyone refers to us as the visa waiters though - so it would be nice to not be the little tag along and feel like a real missionary.
 
THank you for all your letters! I miss getting dear elders SO much. So feel free to send letters through the mail:)
I have no idea how long i will be here....thank you for your prayers! And please keep praying! I am learning patience, relying on others, and the power of prayer.
Thanks for all the updates!
 
 
love,
hna andrews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment