July 7, 2013

JULY!

Oh my goodness my head is just going to explode with so many things...and I don´t have a lot of time....but here it goes.
I AM TRANSFERRING! Yep, we just found out today...A ton of people are switching. We were pretty sure most of us in Venado would stay. But, I am going to Colon (?) in Entre Rios, a different provincia. But I am leaving Venado! I thought I would be here longer...but I guess God has other plans! But...I am going to whitewash! again! And my new comp will be leaving after just one transfer...so there will be more changes soon too. And we really were starting to make progress here!!
I just made it through what was probably the hardest week yet...but I am alive. Nothing can really prepare you for what it is like to be a missionary. But after a few days of poop, some good things have happened.

Here is a little story...one day we were doing callbacks, to go to the people we have contacted. There was a lady, Cristina, who we knocked on her doors weeks ago, and decided to pass by one more time. Well she let us in this time. We ended up teaching her and her sweet little nieto that lives with her about the restauracion. While we were teaching she started to feel sick, but insisted we keep going...she said she recognized what we were teacher her is good, and that there must be a bad influence trying to stop her from listening. Smart lady. I thought she might pass out...but it turned out to be one of the best lessons we have had.  I know the spirit was there, and I think we even won her over, as she gave us pan dulce. And the little boy, Angel, showed us youtube videos of songs about Jesus with pictures (we pointed out almost all the pics used are from our church. ha.) She isn´t very religious and doesn´t go to a church, and was very open to us. It was a milagro, and we have a lesson with her tonight.

Sunday us missionaries taught the lesson for 5th sunday. We tried to take some of the videos from the training last week off the internet, but of course every form of technology failed. Anddd...we had baked some cupcakes for an object lesson...I went to go get them and almost all of them had been eaten by some chicos from the other branch! But, it all turned out. 
 
There are just logical differences here...haha. (I was walking by the nursery, and they were all drinking their little cups of diet coke. ha it was hilarious...that would not fly in utah.)

There was a homecoming thing for a missionary in one of the branches here. The whole district was invited, and there were tons of nonmembers. First everyone went in the chapel and there was a devotional thing, then there was food (pizza of course, cake with dulce de leche, and tang....), and then a question and answer session. There was more people than I have ever seen in the church! He was serving in Texas, it was so funny to hear people ask questions about the states, and to hear his perspective, and how people love to hear the stories about a mission.  In the missions in the states, people complain about not having a car and having to bike....here you are one lucky person to get a bike!

happy fourth of july!
hope everyone survives trek....
llove hermana andrews


p.s. I had 2 people this week think I am from Argentina...it must be the hair.
p.s.s. The Latina hermanas saw my sticker collection....they were absolutely in love. They LOVE stickers...I´m glad I could share:)
p.s.s.s. We were in murphy and some chicos, probably only 12 or 13, saw us...stared...and were talking, but of course we could hear them. They thought we are nuns...and then creepily took a pic of us with their cell phone. Probably posted us on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment