September 17, 2013

8 months!


Hello!!!!

Yes, today is 8 months as a missionary!


To answer some questions first....yep I am still here in Colón:) with my mini. There is one more week of the transfer left, so i will be getting a new comp in a week. No idea who.... As for having fun...haha. Well, let´s just say the past month hasn´t been the funnest part of my life. It went from being the funnest transfer of my mission to being completely different. This transfer I have learned to be more dependent on Jesucrist than anyone else, and to be happy with myself. There is no one to enjoy cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate or appreciates humor. I just try to not go crazy by myself. 
About the cinnamon rolls...yes I made the MOST delicious cinnamon rolls. Seriously were perfect. Let me brag for a minute...I didn´t even have a recipe, and they were cooked in an Argentine oven! My comp...well she did not appreciate them in the least bit or was even impressed. So I may have eaten a dozen by myself...



Monday (last p day) we were in Concordia and had zone meeting. During the day we went to a huge park, and Urugay was right on the other side. We ate ´churi-pan´, it´s like a giant hotdog. I have had to accustom myself to eating stuff like this....i know, i know. There is a new hermana (from the states) who just about died when she saw the sanitary conditions of how the food was cooked, and the water we were drinking. haha i assured her i still haven´t gotten a worm or anything.





We had conferencia de zona en Santa Fe! Half the mission was there, an an area seventy spoke. (elder di giovoanni?) as well as pres. Giuliani. It was so good: to be with other missionaries, to hear the talks. We had a little MTC reunion, my comp from the mtc was there was well as 2 other elders from our district! They spoke about developing Christlike atributos to become a disciple of Christ. Hermana Giuliani spoke about what we should have achieved by the end of our mission, the goals that we should be achieving throughout. 




After we went to Subway. Subway! It was at a mall, it felt just like the US. Pretty sure only the richest hang out here. I had a turkey sandwich, it even had sweet onion sauce! It was quite a site to see 30 missionaries all in line at Subway, all in heaven. Well, except my comp who did not appreciate it at all. She just told me it was expensive (um, i bought it for her...) and informed me she could get a sandwich for half the price any where else. (with a fried hunk of meat and mayo. not the same)

This week we may have had the record for failed appointments! I don´t know what the deal is, sometimes things just don´t work out perfect for days in a row. It´s definitely more difficult to work when you cannot see any progress. The week before we had so many little miracles and people we found, then the next week was like a slap in the face! haha kidding. But it was a week to test the faith and diligence. We ended with less investigators than we started with. And, it went from being 95 and humid to rain for the past 5 days. Rain as in torments of rain. When there is any cold or rain people hibernate all day, which is not the most convenient for missionaries. We also came in contact with the most negativity against the church, from investigadores, menos activos, from everyone. If you do not have a testimony and are converted it would be easy to listen to everything that is said and just give up. There are a lot of religions in this part of Argentina, and that preach directly against the church. Satan works hard here, in ways that i had never thought about before. 

That´s hilarious about meager Monday. I sure hope Sunday dessert lives on, I assumed that was a part of every house, but had to teach my last comp about that. 
Sorry for too many details about food, and not any cool stories about the people?!....
haha i will try the next week.

thank you for all your love and prayers!

have a good week!

oh p.s. my fave chapter from the book of Mormon lately is Alma 34. You can all read it:)
love, hermana andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment