September 28, 2013

Feliz Primavera ! (Happy Spring!)

Hello!!!!


2 important things....
1. I am training!!! woohoo! Yep just found out today. I go to Rosario tomorrow to find my child! I was not super surprised with this news, as I had a mini and there are lots of hermanas coming. But I am SO excited! I know it will be a lot of work and there are always hard things, but I also know that this last transfer has prepared me for it. Woohoo! 2 hermanas from my mtc district are finally coming! 
2. Mom, you would be proud. I made beans. And I don´t even have a crockpot. I found blackbeans, soaked them, cooked them with the garlic (forgot to pack the garlic press in my suitcase) and onion. I had a legit mexi meal (well i used empanada shells for tortillas....) My comp, once again, just gave me a look of disgust, but they were delicioussss!

Wow this was quite the week. It had some of the hardest/best days of the mish. I definitely have more faith than 8 months ago. There were some seemingly impossible moments, but we also had milagros! (miracles)  And tender mercies. Our investigador Ruben went to church!!!! One day, with my old comp, we were contacting in the rain. Well he has been progressing, and he came to church! And liked it. It was an extra milagro, because Sunday was rainy and so there were less people, but Ruben came igual!

This week there were 2 holidays, dia de estudiantes, and dia de primavera. Basically it means that every person and their dog was drunk for 2 days. It is rather inconvenient to have all these holidays, when the people go party and have picnics. Thirteen year olds buy shopping carts full of wine...its quite the party. And they make a giant snowman looking thing out of all the papers from school from the past year, and burn it on the beach.  (burning of the wolf??)
I had my first pig asado. It was delicious. I didn´t eat the pig foot, I prefer to not recognize what part of the body i am eating. I introduced some members to banana bread. (I had put it in a ziploc, and I also had to teach them how to open and close it. jaja the things we take for granted) My comp tried hot tamale candies (an elder had given our ward mission leader a big costco bag a long time ago) and she did not like them at all. Too much flavor. jaja. 

The evangelista church is taking over Colón. I don´t love that they actively preach against our church, and we seem to run into more and more people from the church every day. Maybe one day they will regret the mean things they say..jaja. We have contacted a lot, the truth is you have to talk to like 30 people to find one person interested. But there have been moments where I really understand the potential of each person - you just have to imagine every person you talk to in the street dressed in white in front of the temple. And then I just want everyone to hear and have the chance to accept Jesucristo and apply the atonement in their life. 

To answer your questions mom....there are a lot of missionaries from America. I don´t know the percentages....but i think the biggest percentage is from Argentina and Chile. We get mail from the mission office about once a month, mas o menos. When the leaders go to the mission home for a monthly meeting we get it. 
Enjoy pumpkin bread and everything fall! I´m sure pinterest is just loaded with delicious things...hahah.

I hope everything else is going well!
All is good here! LOTS of changes here....we will see what the next week brings! But I am grateful for this little bittle of time in my life that i can serve here in Argentina:)

love, hna andrews

I believe that if we could truly understand the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, we would realize how precious is oneson or daughter of God. I believe our Heavenly Father’s everlasting purpose for His children is generally achieved by the small and simple things we do for one another. At the heart of the English word atonementis the word one. If all mankind understood this, there would never be anyone with whom we would not be concerned, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, or social or economic standing. We would strive to emulate the Savior and would never be unkind, indifferent, disrespectful, or insensitive to others.
If we truly understood the Atonement and the eternal value of each soul, we would seek out the wayward boy and girl and every other wayward child of God. We would help them to know of the love Christ has for them. We would do all that we can to help prepare them to receive the saving ordinances of the gospel.
-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment