October 2, 2013

October 1, 2013

Ya Octubre!!!!

This week was....crazy!
Oh yes....I FINALLY RECEIVED THAT PACKAGE! hahaha with the ensign from conference and candy. Took 5 months, the reeces are literally like pancakes. But it made it! After being ripped open in Chile and all. 
Well to start off I left at 1am Wednesday morning to go to Rosario, and my mini comp went home. Living in Colón, there are not many bus options.  (don´t worry mom, the elders are just like you making me call and text to tell when i arrive) haha.  So I arrived that morning in Rosario. I had been told before to just take a taxi to the mission home as soon as I got there, so this is what I did. I was on the way there, when I realized there were probably other people in the terminal that I should have waited for, and I got a text from my zone leaders saying I shouldn´t be in the mission home for a few more hours. Well I was already on the way, so just kept going. As soon as we pulled up to the house, I saw a family from my first area in Venado just standing there.




 I GOT TO SEE THE FLIA RIVOIRA:) They just happened to be in the mission home to pick up their son who just returned from his mission in Chile. They had just arrived to, so I got to spend the morning with them. It was a little miracle, as if I had waited in the terminal during the morning I would not have seen them. We had lunch with all the trainers and new people. They are all latinas, except Hna. Sainsburry from my district in MTC. It was SO good to see her!




 Then we had a meeting where president and the assistants talked, and they revealed the companionships. (a bunch of the elders are 18....oh boy. Adorable little things) He said that there were 2 hermanas that weren´t going to arrive until the next day. They read off all the names....except one other hermana and mine. jaja. So I still didn´t have my comp. I stayed in the mission home that night, with another hermana who was waiting for her comp. We of course had not planned on this, and had nothing but the clothes on our back. Being in Argentina, they were not even worried if we had a toothbrush, but made sure we had plenty of food. jaja. (pizza with scrambled eggs on top anyone?!) The next morning we waited in the office....and were then told one hermana would be arriving in the night, and the other not until the next day. I put skills and time to use, an office elder asked for a haircut so I did that. jaja. The office elders cooked us fish tacos....we waited around more. Finally president said we could go to the area of the hermana who I was waiting with. They were kind enough to even give me a new pair of garments, and an elder found a toothbrush. :) Oh and this just happened to be a holiday where everything was closed, a weekly occurrence here. We left to the area, Canada de Gomez, 1 1/2 hours away . On the way the  colectivo broke down, so that delayed us. Finally we arrived and had just a little time to work. The next day we worked, while I was just thinking about my area in Colón and the appointments we were missing! That afternoon we received a call from the assistant, he thought we were already on our way back to Rosario.....oh my goodness I experienced the serious lack of communication....I don´t know if it is because they are all men or what! I explained no, we were working, and it would take time to return to rosario. So then we waited for a colectivo....it broke down, so that took time. Finally we arrived Friday night in Rosario. We had a dinner with president and the 2 new hermanas, one of which is Hna Rane (serving in DC south) from my district. He talked a little and then assigned comps. That night we had to stay in the mission home AGAIN....and finally went home Saturday morning. Hahahaha it was quite the week. They should have just reassigned me to be an office hermana!
My comp is Hna Cruz from Nicuragua! She is an adorable little thing, I am twice her size. She was waiting for her visa in Nicuragua before. Poor thing is ALWAYS cold...jaja I don´t know how she is going to survive winter here!! She has desires to work, and high expectations:) I don´t know that we will be baptizing 5 families a week like she is used to, jaja, but she has so much faith and a positive attitude. We have so much to do here, so many people to find. We are really focusing on finding families, my comp is a good example of talking to everyone in the street (jaja I was never a fan of chasing people down, but sometimes it works.), and we have some ideas of things to change in the branch. 
We didn´t get to work with investigadores much this week...as there was not much time to work. But it is conference this weekend!! woohooo!
No, we didn´t get to watch the RS thing. :( I hope you enjoyed a ´light´dinner. :)

I hope everyone is doing good! Thank you for your prayers and letters!
love, hna andrews
p.s. daniel i got your postcard:) gracias

No comments:

Post a Comment