October 20, 2013

9 Months

9 months. Holy cow. Yep this is the half way mark this week.
As for the dog....it just so happens that I really did get bitten by a dog this week. The good thing is, it wasn´t completely wild, so I don´t think it had rabies or anything. Stupid thing was even on a leash. We had just contacted a house, which wasn´t even successful as the 15 year old kid was an atheist and his mom wouldn´t even come out to talk to us, when as we were walking away the dog just ran straight for me and bit. Don´t worry mom, it all turned out fine, there´s just a little scar now. The bear spray or taser is not needed But i will send you an email with other things that you can send.

And the washer story. One day we were eating lunch with the hermana dora. Wednesday is garment day, we use her washer during lunch. Well everything was behind schedule because she had been washing her clothes before and we had to wait, and I was getting impatient I guess. I was sitting there waiting for the washing to finish to take out my clothes. I went to open the thing, but it hadn´t finished all the way. Point is, the handle busted right off. She told me this isn´t the first time it has happened (it automatically locks until it completely finishes), so we would need to rip off the whole door and buy a new one. Aaahhh. jaja oops. Eventually we were able to get my clothes out. Later found out her washer is so old that she might not be able to buy just a door. She says the washer still works, just a little more complicated to open and shut. jaja.

This week were interviews with pres. giuliani. Those were just fine, he is a great guy. But when you want some feel good advice or compliment, he is a person will tell you to get on your knees and pray and then get out the door and work. jaja. We had a meeting with our president of rama. We are trying to change the culture of this ward, in terms of missionary work and everything. And I think it´s working...even if we are just the people who will be preparing the area to really grow in the future. But hey, someone has to sow the seeds. We set up activites every 2 weeks, something which has not been done in years. This week there is a relief society picnic (happy mothers day, sunday!) and a branch baptism. A good moment was when we were teaching the familia castro and the mom, who is not a member, said their house is always so peaceful after we leave. She just feels good, and just doesn´t know how to explain it. Thank you, holy ghost. We are also working to help the members have opportunities to share the gospel and know what to say, this week we introduced them to pass along cards to give to friends and family. Yesterday was one of the best testimony meetings I have been to.

Every person has some sort of problem. The challenge of a missionary is to know how to help with each unique challenge. One investigator likes the church and everything, but doesn´t think it´s possible to live the commandments, that times have changed since the times of Jesus, and that men will always be men. Another needs to get married, but wants to wait to have a big fancy shmancy wedding. The investigadores we have are progressing little by little. It doesn´t help that we have to travel so stinkin much.....this week we go to concordia and parana. But I know  God watches over our area, and he multiplies our efforts into more than what we can do.

Here´s some random facts: Nicuragua has it´s own money, cordobas, but also uses the american dollar. Crazy, huh, when I saw my comp with our money! Here some of the stoplights are backwards - the yellow means it is going to turn green. I have gotten used to lots of things, I don´t scream when I see the spiders and cockroaches. But, I did lose my appetite when I was sitting on the bus and watched as the attendent guy filled up the cups with coffee and juice to pass around....and reused and reused the same cups. No thank you.

Congrats on the new calling mom!!! yay! You know what this means?...girls camp. You lucky girl.
And megan is already leaving?! And danielle is back?! tell her hello for me.

I have been asked multiple times now, if I am from france or germany. Hmmm...still not sure where that comes from. My accent must be really bad.

My comp is learning english, so she wanted me to pray. Oh my goodnes...the most awkward prayer. I have not prayed in english in 8 months. I can talk (mostly just fine?) but the praying in english is a struggle. I am happy to say that my brain is being transformed to think in spanish. I know I am changing, but as a person and a missionary, as the language is not the top concern. I am able to more easily think about the people and all that they need, rather than my lack of abilities. Or maybe it the faith and confidence in God growing?

I love to see how God works, putting people in places in the right moment. One day we were on the bus, all 10 elders were sitting close to each other, but for some reason our tickets were for the back of the bus in china. Well there was a little family sitting next to us, that ended up contacting us. The dad had lots of questions and was interested in the church. It was a cool little experience to know that there are no coincidences in the gospel.

Congrats on your band competition ethan! And california??! whoah whoa, aren´t you like 10 years old? Is mom going with you? Good luck on your race this week landon!
Debbie is just adorable. I would tell you to save me some food....jaja.
The truth is, I had no idea that we are in the month of halloween. Enjoy fall! The weather here is turning from perfect to hott.

Thanks for remembering me down here in argentina! for the letters and all:)
Que tengan una buena semana!
love, hermana andrews

p.s. the pic is not the greatest...but us with cinnamon rolls and her ´Nica¨ food- rice, avacado, eggs, tomatos....mmmm. And the other, the package that traveled around the world, I got the easter candy right in time for spring here:)


No comments:

Post a Comment