February 27, 2013

February 18, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!
 
I am on week 5 here!

Thanks for the valentine stuff! :)
For valentines day me and Hna Mueller made the loveliest little cards for everyone in our district. They said things like 'roses are red, violets are blue, if you were a zit, i would pick you.' classy, huh.
 
I week ago i got a little sick...pretty much felt like a bus ran me over. But i got over it. Probably cause we sit and marinate in each others germs all day.
 
There are still little spanish voices that talk to me every night when I try to go to sleep. But don't worry, it's not a mental illness. Sometimes I just wish they would shut up and stop congegating words.
 
Dad wondered about our schedule. There's not a lot of exciting things, and every day feels like the rest! But it is good. Today we went to the temple, it was SOO busy. Guess that's what the holiday does. Each day is a little different, but we wake up, sometimes have gym, study and breakfast, more study or class, lunch, language, class or study, sometimes afternoon gym, dinner, and either class or study at night. We have 2 teachers. Classes are 3 hours long with a teacher. During class we learn a language principle, teach investigators (which is the teacher), and study some gospel or teaching principle. I need to be an MTC teacher.....not sure how that's going to fit into my plan...but I want to come back and teach here!! :) Each night we have planning, and then go back to residencies. I don't know how, but sitting all day is EXHAUSTING. Seriously. It's very mentally exhausting...but good. I learn SO much.
 
As for visas, we still have not heard!! No news is good news, but we will probably go to the travel office to find out. This should be our last week!!!!!! If visas will be here within 2 weeks, then we just stay here, otherwise we are reassned. I doubt we will be reassigned.

Now that I am on a misison, and see the results of even being in the MTC, I see the importance of serving misisons, specifically for young men. I didn't even realize to what extent misisons are necessary as we were in Honduras. It is SUCH a blessing to help those boys get on missions. There is no substitute for the testimony grown and learning that takes place as a missionary. I guess we will have to go back and help every single boy in honduras be able to serve a mission... :)
 
I love you all! I love the opportunity i have right now to learn and share the gospel! THere is nothing more important i could be doing at this time.
Have a fabulous week!
And I will have to let you know if i get travel plans....
 
love, hermana Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment