February 13, 2013

February 4, 2013

Hello everyone!
I can't belive I am saying this....but time really is flying by at the MTC. The first week I wanted to die. But now it's good. It must be because it was groundhog day, an elders b-day, sunday....we celebrate anything. haha.
 
 I do see sterling! So the day you came, I wanted so bad to take a walk outside around that time, haha, and see you all!!! But, I had other things. Some elders went missing, so I gladly volunteered to walk around to find them. We were walking in the main building, and I ran right into Sterling! He had just dropped off his luggage and walked inside! We hugged, and I even gave him a kiss on the cheek:) Our meals overlap, so I do see him daily. Weird to see him as a little elder!

Big news....The Argentine consul (?spelling?) is coming this week! YAY! We have two meetings for visas.....Hopefully it's good news and we get our visas!!!!! 
 
 There is a SERIOUS bathroom issue here though....The building with our classroom has 1 bathroom on each floor for girls. Like 1 toilet. (And we always know what sisters are new, because they both walk in the door, and then you see 1 sister walk out when they realize it's only 1 toilet. haha) There is constantly a line, so going to the bathroom is quite time consuming. So I may need you to deliver a porta potty....
 
THis week we went to the TRC. Stands for something... maybe training resource center?...But it's where volunteers come, and we teach them. I loved it, because they are real people and we just have a conversation with them. We talked with the sweetest little old couple. I adore all the old people. And old missionaries.
 
I am realizing and being reminded every day the absolute importance of the spirit. The spirit will not be impeded by my inability to speak spanish. We cannot explain everything perfectly, but the scriptures and holy ghost can. The holy ghost is so so so important, because only through the holy ghost will people know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.
Look up "earnest" in the bible dictionary. It talks about the holy ghost, and something I never knew. I love it. 
 
Today we went to the temple, lovely as usual:)

 
Dude, I have been here almost 3 weeks! Whoa. The spanish is...coming. I watched a mormon message in spanish, and just wanted to cry. Haha. It's so different listening to my white teacher speak, and some fluent foreign person go asdlf;jaksldfj;aklsdjfsadjjfjk. So wish me luck. I do understand most of what is said in our discussions when we teach, and in class. But it's totally different speaking it.
 
I hope you are doing well! I love hearing about home! I love you all! Thank you for the prayers, they are much needed. Have a fabulous week!
love, hermana andrews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment