February 13, 2013

January 28

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STERLING!!!!! AND YOU COME TO THE MTC THIS WEEK!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHHHOO:)
 
Yes, I sure did have to give a talk. As we were walking to sacrament, I had this little thought. But I thought whatever, and wanted to prove that it was my own thought. haha oops. They announce the names right when we go up. Anddd...I had taught district mtg (sunday school) just earlier. So the talk was awful. My excuse is I have had 1 week of spanish in my life. We were all pretty sure some elders would be speaking, as this was (supposed to ) be their last week. Good think I was obedient and prepared a talk! Glad that's over with. Even though in another 3 months I will be laughing about it. 
 
 So about this week...Thanks so much for letters!!! I love getting them. Thank you thank you everyone! The dear elders are like texts...but I can't respond.
 
Ok so there's a bunch of random things, forgive the bad organizational format. You get what you get. :)
Mom, you would be proud. I have been eating my grapefruit and raisin bran for breakfast. Sterling, you will love the food. Especially sunday/wednesday BYU ice cream days. It is ridiculous how many packages the boys get here....I don't need any, cause some days one elder in our district will get 3 or 4 packages with food! They are so generous and give us so much junk food. :) Except we never even have time to eat, except at meals anyways! Oh and for gym....We usually get 40 minutes of gym per day. Except sunday and p-day and a morning that we are not scheduled for gym. There is a track, 10 xs around is a lap.
 
 Everyone here has been sick. Like it's a plague. There is no handshaking, and we use more handsanatizer than the amount of food we eat. But I have been so blessed to not get sick. Good thing I ate dirt and cookie dough when i was little to build up my immune system. It has pretty muched been passed around every district.
 
So we teach 'investigators'. The spanish has been hard, and one day the teacher said I need to teach the lesson, because it was my companion  that would talk most of the time. So, I taught almost an entire lesson myself. It was by no means fantastic, but I made it through it. We taught her a few more times, and have a baptisimal date:) But now that investigator is our teacher. And this week we have 2 new investigators. The investigators are all played by a teacher, and the investigator story is a real person from their own mission.
 
A little about what Sundays are like. So busy. THe girls go to music and the spoken word, and then Relief society. Then we have district mtg, lunch, sacrament, walk to the temple (it was soo warm yesterday, what is up with the snow??!), choir, study, devotional, and movies. Sunday nights you watch movies or talks. Yesterday we went to Joseph SMith movie. What I'm saying is, no nap time. They are really good, but it's just go go go here.
 
Ok here's the spiritual part, what I learned this week:) Everything we do should have a purpose. Everything. When we read our scriptures, we need to have a purpose, for example a question in mind. As we learn the language, we do it with a purpose, or specific phrases or things we need to know to teach a specific lesson. When we have a purpose we accomplish more. Everything CHrist did, said, and taught was purpose driven.
 
Love you all, thank you for all your prayers, love, and support!
Thanks for keeping me updated about everything!
Love, hermana andrews

  

No comments:

Post a Comment