February 13, 2013

week 4

Que hace un pez?.....
nada!
 
Hahahaha spanish humor. Our investigator told us the joke in a lesson. I have been going through laffy taffy joke withdrawls...
But hello!
I hope you all had a good week! I have about a million things to say....so we will see how much I have time for.  And if it makes sense...haha
First of all, this week was quite the week. It started out SO good.

Last night I watched one of the best talks I have ever heard. No joke. It's Character of Christ, by Elder Bednar. It was given at the MTC, so I don't know if there is a way to access a copy of it. But it has literally changed my perspective on my life (sounds cheesey and cliche, I know...), what it means to become like christ, and my purpose as a missionary. I wish every missionary could see it before they leave. And that every member of the church could see it. He talked about turning out to others in love, that nothing, especially a mission, is about us. We need to have more than a testimony. And as we teach others, it is about so much more than baptism, baptism is only the first step. Our conversion has to be to the Lord - not to our parents, friends, bishop, companion, or anyone else. I loved it, if you couldn't tell:)
 
Big news....We met with the Argentine Consul! So on Tuesday we had a meeting for all misisonaries going to Argentina. (There are a few that have been here since October awaiting visas). It is very difficult to get a visa there. We had to do fingerprints and sign stuff. It was VERY intense, as if your visa is processed and there is any error, including a fingerprint that is smeared or you sign outside of the box, your visa is denied, there are no second chances, and you are permanetely reassigned. On Wednesday the guy ( I was imagining some ornery old man with a cane...) but he was very nice, came. I guess it was cheaper than flying us all to California to fill out paperwork. Some people had to redo fingerprints, and we signed papers in front of him. The best part was he spoke all about Argentina and answered questions. It was so interesting, and makes me SOO excited! :) Ironic though that they focus so much on being a "friendly, welcoming" country, but are not fond of the US. And even less fond of our church. But whatever. Argentina is very italian, the food is going to be the best, there shouldn't be any spiders TOO big in rosario. Basically, Rosario has the best of everything. And Resistencia gets the worst of everything. Haha. Oh and Mom, they gave us a waterbottle filter the first day here to take. We don't know the status of visas though....there's a chance we will be here longer, I am honestly expecting an extra week. If everything was on time we could get travel plans this week...but who knows. Prayers would be appreciated, that things will work out how they are supposed to.  

 
Just to let you know, I have only had 1 BYU mint brownie here. One. But....they do have edible chocolate chip cookies. Actually, they are so good.
 
I have played the piano in sacrament. There are several people, but I'm sure I will in argentina.
 I look in my closet every day and am already sick of my clothes. haha. Good thing there's no boys to impress:) Mom, I will send you an email about other things I need before I leave. But those Born shoes are the best! I love them. SO comfortable. I will need some hot sauce to take, cause i hear it's not a item in argentina. And I am eating all the peanut butter now while availalbe.
 
Just so you are aware about letters, this is how it works. We get mail after lunch and dinner every day. (including dear elders). Except any dear elders you send after friday night, I don't get until Monday night. And mail doesn't come saturday night or sunday.
 
Thank you for all your love!
I love being a missionary right now! I have been leraning SO much about teaching. We do not become perfect like Christ, we become perfect in Christ. The spanish is coming....there's no way I would be able to speak as much as I do in only 3 weeks, without the help of my Heavenly Father.
Thank you for keeping me updated with everything, I love some connection to the real world!
TIme is up (of course...)
But love you!
-Hermana Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment