April 6, 2013

April 1, 2013

VISA CAME !!!


kidding...it's april fools of course.
Still no word on it.....But Virginia is great!
Happy Easter!
Happy April Fools!
How was easter? Did you have an egg hunt with the fam?
So it was raaiinny here yesterday. And when it rains, it rains. (But today is SOO nice. And the trees are blossoming!) Basically we were at the church the entireee day, because we had church and meetings, but also because it was the last day of the month and we had no miles left to drive our car...haha. But church is just great!  It was the 5th sunday, and so they showed 'Finding Faith in Christ' for combined. I have never seen so many adults crying in one room.
On Saturday night we went to the YW broadcast. It was SO good. Except I felt like it should be me sitting at home there, wasn't I 12 like just yesterday?....President Uchtdorf talked abouthow at one time we were all valiant and wanted to return to Heavenly Father. It was a good reminder of perspective, and to see people as God sees them. Perspective makes all the difference. I have never been sooo excited for conference!! I guess that's what being a missionary does to ya. But I cannot wait:)
This week has been busy. (Well at least I think so...I don't have other areas to compare it to..) But we have had a ton of appointments, (well only half of the people are ever home), and lots of people to meet with. The only problem with the hispanic culture is they have a completely different sense of time, and everyone loves Jesus, so people are always willing to let you come in even if they are not interested. People rarely say "no thanks, we are not interested". They always just say "I"m busy, come back later".
 I think being a missionary has turned me into a boring person. So we have a goal to be fun. We have to do fun things, like tell jokes. And be spontaneous. So we are working on that...We sometimes eat with members.
That is so crazy to hear about the MTC.....even when I was there it was so crowded, so I can't imagine what it will be like! I also don't know how all these missions are going to manage, with the logistics like cars/apartments/etc. They are going to have to start little cities of tents for missionaries to live in.

Is it warm there?
 Things are well here! I love my companions, there are some incredible people in the ward, and definietly people who are prepared for the gospel. But....prayers are still appreciated for my visa:) This gospel is true! I am coming to understand more every day how the gospel needed to be restored, and the importance of prophets.
Thanks for all you do!
Love you all!
Happy April!
love, hermana andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment