April 24, 2013

The cockroaches have attacked . . . .


but don´t worry, i´m still alive!  Seriously, there have been like 4 here! One morning i woke up and turned on the light and a giant (ok like 2 or 3 inches) was just chilling there.

Hello!
Thank you for the letters! I literally love Pday, just to email:)

Week 2 in Argentina has been better. I have never been so overwhelmed in my life, but i have never been so humbled either. I was reading in Ether 12  about weaknesses, and it definitely takes new meaning as a missionary, and every weakness is exposed. There is literally no way we can do this work without the Lord. Many, many moments during the day I have wished that I could be anywhere rather than Argentina...(I know, I know, I waited and wanted the visa so bad)  just because there is so much to do but so much I cannot do on my own. I have never felt so inadequate! The Spanish is the hardest thing ever, and it is difficult to have perspective. But my comp told me about that story in the bible where Jesus feeds the 5000. We are like that....it looks as if we cannot do all we need to do. But God calls us as his disciples in our weakness and provides a way. I have noticed so many more miracles and tender mercies in my life. So there are definitely moments where I am reminded of why I am here, and that this is the gospel of Jesus Christ, his work, and we are entitled to his help. Sometimes faith is just waking up in the morning and doing all that we are asked to do to the best of our ability.

My lucky little feet are covered in blisters and bug bites. It´s been 2 weeks and my skin is already not attractive. Thanks for sending that bug and blister stuff though before mom! And my albino legs are developing a tan line).

Some other things about Argentina. They like to sit. A lot. There are always people sitting out on their porch if it´s past like 6. Time is so different too....because they have siesta, streets are dead all afternoon, and when they say noche it really means like 8 or 9.

You would die if you tried the bakeries here. They have the most delicious pastries ever. And i love that everyone goes and buys their bread every day. People also love to mop their porches....if people aren´t sitting on the porch, they are mopping it.

 We had a district mtg, and me and my companion made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (her birthday cake mix). Oh my goodness it was a little piece of America. And of course the elders loved us.

They eat mayo with everything....it´s like their salad dressing here. Don´t know if i can adjust to that. Oh and they have grapefruit soda! haha ok ok...i know that was all food stuff. But i know you needed the update on that. Today we are making nobake cookies. :)

This week we did a lot of contacting, to find people. We have met some really good people, so now we have a lot to follow up on. We have some people set for baptism, but they still need to learn a lot and go to church. We met a sweet lady  (i don´t remember if i told you this last week...) but she was our first contact in the whole area. We went back and taught a lesson, then a few days later finally got a hold of her again. She had read the BOM every night, and the tumor that she was worried about and was going to need an operation had disappeared! It was crazy. We have an appointment tonight, so hopefully things progress, because she has definitely had things in life that have prepared her for the gospel. And we are teaching her mom too. I don´t have other cool investigator stories...yet....because we are basically starting from scratch. But there´s a lot of good that can be done here.

love you all! the gospel is true! have a fabulous week! gooood luck with finals!
love, hna andrews

p.s. I accidentally locked us inside our house (because their is only part of the handle, we have to remove it and put on the side of the door we are on), so i had to crawl outside the window and crawl around on a little ledge to our front porch to get the handle and key. don´t worry mom, i didn´t fall off the second floor)

No comments:

Post a Comment