March 24, 2014

Happy Día Nacional de la Memoria por la Verdad y la Justicia.

 March 26 




Once again, a holiday. It wouldn´t be a week in Argentina without a holiday! This being said, everything is closed today. Luckily we found some computers. For zone pday today we watched a movie, the croods...?? or something like that. Maybe it came out along time ago...everythings knew to me. But HILARIOUS. Or maybe I have just been surviving on missionary humor for too long. 
As far as the week goes...it´s been interesting. Ok, that could be said of any week. 
First of all, I love sterling´s letters. (By the way sterling, you probably shouldn´t tell mom when you about die.) It´s the truth, it´s not the easiest to put a week worth of missionary experiences in a letter. 


Other notable things include trying blood sausage, or morcilla. We had an asado, and of course everyone insisted I tried it. So I gave into the peer pressure. I think the worst part was just knowing what I was eating (ok, more like not knowing what was in it), but it was just a black lump of poo looking thing. I wouldn´t really recommend it, but the rest of the asado and meat was delicious. I ate mac and cheese! (thanks mom), the first time in more than a year. My eyes were almost blinded by that bright orange color. mmm. 


I feel like I have really been pushed to the limit. Mentally, emotionally, physically. I´m not saying I´m a mom or anything...but a lot of responsibility has been on me in many forms. Something I have learned more than anything in the mission is to rely on my Heavenly Father as the first form of support. It´s been a challenge ...but I have felt that I have given all I can to the members and area. But hey, it wouldn´t be the mission without a little sweat (but i did survive the summer), blood (stinking mosquito bites), and tears. 


Our investigatorl didn´t go to church. So I´m not sure what´s going on with that, as he was going to be baptized this week. My faith and prayers can only take a person so far. But this week we will see what happens. Patience is necessary for salvacion, I guess? He was progressing so much. Even went to institute by himself. But there have been other little miracles, new people we found, that more people are going to church. One of my favorite moments was as we prayed with a family together. We had talked to the wife, and passed by another day when her husband was there. At first he didn´t really want to talk...but we really got him thinking. Ok, the spirit got him thinking, about his priorities and everything. We prayed together as a family, and it was powerful. The little things we have done our whole life and take for granted literally change the lives of others. 


We also had zone conference. That was great, president and hermana giuliani talked. My comp had to give a talk in english (the english is one thing I know I can leave with my latina comps!), just like I had to give a talk in spanish my first zone conference forever ago. There´s been a big focus on the teaching, and practicing how to actually teach clearly and simply. Easier said than done of course. 


It sounds like the week of birthdays was SO good! The best time of the year is quickly approaching...conference! jaja. It is officially fall now. And well noted here. We still don´t have hot water...and the showing with a bucket method is getting rather uncomfortable. 


Well, I love you all lots. Mom, I got your dear elders, thanks. Dear elders are the best, because I get them random times. And have time to read them. Thank you for all your prayers, they are needed. The gospel is true. Sometimes we just have to keep on keeping on. 

love, hermana andrews

ps. Me and my comp, The other is a pic of (part) of the zone, with (some) people and the matching shirts. Cute, huh. It´s easier to get an andrews family picture than a zone of missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment