March 10, 2014

transfers!!!!....

And I am staying here in santa fe! yay! But, my companion/baby/trainee is going to....Venado Tuerto where I started! So crazy! I thought we would have one more transfer here together...but she´s going bye bye.

As far as here in Costanera....we had a super good week. full of miracles. 
One of the miracles of my entire mission has been Marcos. Maybe you remember him from a few months back? Well he´s back on board. And is getting baptized in 2 weeks. I am just SO happy for him. Something changed in him completely. He told us he wanted to come to church and be baptized. He came Sunday, even after working the entire night and got home that morning. We had a lesson last night, I asked why he is even going to church and wants to follow Christ, he just said ´When you know it´s true, you know it´s true. I feel good there.¨ And then later he sent us a message telling us he wants to do service for the members. (We had the lesson at the house of a member and he heard her mention how she was going to have the door painted...well Marcos told us he will go back and paint it. Who does that.) We invited him to be baptized and he said, "I already told you I want to be baptized."...jaja. We had to officially invite him, to put a date and all. 

Other miracle was sunday, having 2 investigadores in the church. I was sitting there playing the piano prelude, when the counselor came up, and asked me to talk, if the speaker didn´t come. Oh shoot. So I was sitting there with 2 minutes until the meeting started....and then I saw the guy walk in. Hallelujah, I was saved. Well we did the sacrament and then they announced my name that I was talking. Oh shoot. A year ago I would have peed my pants over that, but I survived. So I´m walking up there trying to think of a scripture or something...I start talking, look up from my scriptures, and a guy Leonardo walks in. Happiest moment. Leonardo is an investigador we recently found, we taught him a few days ago and invited him to church, he said he wanted to come. Well as a missionary maybe I don´t have complete and full faith in all people following up on that...but he came! He´s 40ish, a teacher, and genuinely interested in the church. To say the least we were content this sunday. And luckily our bishop just returned from brasil, and the members were so good to our investigadores. Funny thing is we were cleaning the church saturday and had the idea to take out half the benches in the chapel to the members would be forced to sit next to each other instead of isolated in their normal spots. Well we had permission from the counselor, but later he called us and told us it probably wasn't a good idea...so we ended up putting all the benches back. Good thing I guess, as it was quite full of members Sunday. Although I still think taking out benches is a good idea...jaja. 

This week we were also blessed with other miracles to find new people to teach. Three days in a row we ended up on the exact same streets contacting as los testigos de jehovah. I still haven´t found the prime opportunity to contact them and give a book of mormon.... I also found my favorite food here, fugazza, it´s like a pizza thing with bread on top, experienced crazy rain storms and having no power, did lots of service for members (I´m getting good at sweeping sidewalks), ate wheat bread (yes mom, you would be proud), visited walmart (home sweet). Happy dia de la mujer! It´s a thing here, like mother´s day. Funny thing is it started in the states, but doesn´t even exist there.

Of course lots happens every week, but when it comes to letter writing truth is it doesn´t even sound so good all written down. Or pertinent to everyone. We had cleaning day. I cooked brownies. Etc. But it was a good week. And now I will have a new comp, one of the elders from Costanera is leaving also. But I sure do love being here. 

Thanks for all the letters this week! So good to hear from everyone. Sterling, I about died seeing pics inside your apartment. What a joke. Enjoy. And just tell your comp that here the missionaries with bikes are at the TOP of the totem pole. But I do love hearing your experiences and all. No matter where you service in the world, truth is there are a lot of similarities.

Congrats to Jack! His family sure has been blessed. Jacob, sorry buddy. I´m sure you are at least getting spoiled right now. Not having to any jobs or piano practice or anything. Lucky duck. I guess it´s getting to be spring there! Weird, cause that means it will be fall here. Today I did buy winter socks and leggings....and I have to sleep with a blanket now. I survived summer in Santa Fe. 

Love you all. I hope your week is great! I´m sure grateful to be here in argentina for this little part of my life. More than anything, to learn and to hopefully become closer to the person god knows I can become. This gospel is so true, we just have to live it. We can decide how we react to experiences in our lives, people we enfrent (and this includes elders...oh boy I am learning patience/tolerance/and the power of example. We as humans are so imperfect). God truly allows us to pass through what we need to, to help us prepare and learn and grow, all through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Love you. Sigan Adelante. 
hermana andrews

Picture: our zone.....almost half hermanas:) (mom, we ate salchichas for lunch. hotdogs. boiled. and I ate them. I think being a missionary has either killed my tastebuds or made me tolerant...)

No comments:

Post a Comment