March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014


Hello family!


Thanks for sending the pics, I love pics more than anything. That race that landon did looks so stinkin cool. And I guess there won´t be any rockclimbing-bobsledding-swordfighting soon for jacob. 


This week is conference. Woohoo!! Highlight of the year. And even luckier to be here where there´s a church to go to! To answer some peoples question, we watch it in Spanish, here in the stake center. I didn´t get to see the women's session, as it started at 9pm. The language makes no difference, I just miss hearing the peoples real voices! E.Holland just doesn´t have the same effect with a soft little young person voice translating....ja. 

Speaking of which, yesterday our investigador came to church. He came in his suit and all, looking quite fine. He is 70, his daughter who is 15 (and has a baby) lives with him, he has had 2 wives die. (He did tell us that he has his cup of wine with every meal to remember the blood of Jesucristo..jaja. We need to teach that.)  It also helps this ward a lot, to have investigadores in church...it´s an area that has hardly had any growth in years, and the members don´t always understand the importance of missionary work. 


Lots of the week was occupied with doctors appointments...it´s been an experience! Today we are going to another one.  But....this week I really came to a better understanding of patience and love - both for my companion, and the fact that God knows our desires and efforts. I try to understand the balance between my responsibilidad, the short time we have as missionaries, a companionship has 2 people that are at times different, and the fact that this time is to enjoy. The mission is like a garden. We get assigned to a little corner of the garden...it may be an area to be planted, or to be nurtured, or to be harvested. The important part is what we do in our little part of the garden, the extent to which we work and watch with patience and faith that things are growing. It´s a lovely experience. Sometimes it rains (or literally downpours) or sometimes it´s sunny. But all of the workers in the garden have the same purpose. We come and go, but the cycle of the garden continues. That being said, I have learned to just be happy and use all the time I can in the way that God wants. Wow, it goes by. 


I introduced my comp to no bake cookies and pancakes with dulce de leche. And of course I put sprinkles on top of everything still. One day a moto ran into my companion, crossing the street. What a day...it didn´t seriously hurt her...but it didn´t add positively to the day that was already filled with visiting the hospital. jaja. So I guess one night I was sleepwalking...my comp said I got up in the night and went to the door. Jajaja. Needless to say, we not sleep with the keys far away from the locked door. 
One day I was crossing the street and a lady was sitting in her car and called us over. She then began to ask if we were baptized catholic and mormon. It quickly became evident that she was looking for a good conversation to pick the mormons apart. She was SUPER catholic and completely uniformed, offered a virgin maria picture to us, I then tried to gift her a little picture of Jesus Christ. She rejected, and then was suddenly in a hurry to zoom off in her car. Quite funny, I just wonder how long she had been stalking us and waiting for an opportunity to attack the Mormons. It just boggles my mind when people who claim to be SO catholic won´t accept a picture of Jesucristo.


There really are little miracles every day, in people that we visit, people we contact, moments that the spirit is so strong. It just really hit me sitting in church yesterday, as we talked about Jose smith, that the church IS the same. It doesn´t matter how many members there are or where we go, the gospel of Jesus Christ is the same. And it´s waiting for those people who are ready and prepared right now. It´s overwhelming how many people don´t want anything and all the negativity, but at the same time God is preparing people in every part of the world to accept the restored gospel. 


Thanks for your prayers, thoughts, and letters. Much appreciated.
Enjoy end of quarter. Lucky ducks. 
Have a great week!
Oh, and happy april fools day. 
love, hermana andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment