March 17, 2014

happy st. patricks day!

Unfortunately, the leparchauns didn´t seem to leave any gold here....and my comp didn´t even know this holiday existed. Oh well.

As for this week, yep I have a new comp! Hermana Martinez from Honduras. (Tegucigalpa, not san pedro sula...) She is a little fireball, quite the personality! She´s been out almost 6 months. It´s been fun, but definitely a lot of work, as I had been with my last comp so long and we new the area. One thing I have learned during the mish is that example is more powerful than anything...so this traslado [transfer] I hope I can be an example of obedience and positive attitude. But we are adjusting. She told me I look fatter in my pictures before the mission...jaja I don´t know about that. Latinas are funny at times. We have already made a trip to the hospital with her, so we will see what other excitement this transfer brings.

Yesterday President Giuliani came to santa fe for a fireside for recent converts and investigadors. It was really good, our investigador  Marcos even came. Well it was all good, until president drove us home...and we got lost and it took forever. Stinking one way roads...how embarrasing, as I was giving directions. jaja.

It´s funny how much the decisions and lives of other people affects you as a missionary. Like if they are happy and progressing, you are. Their problems are your problems. I tried explaining this to an elder, but they just didn´t get it. So I don´t know if it´s a women thing or what. But we were able to have some good lessons, and even teach with the members. Why can´t everyone just accept the gospel! The world would be so much happier! Stinkin agency! kidding. kidding.

Yesterday I had one of the most delicious meals in Argentina. It was the birthday of a nephew of a member, he cooked a meal fit for america. There was raviolis with a creamy green sauce, and this chicken stirfry stuff that had grapes and peaches and fruit with the veggies...so unlike anything I have seen here. We even had real, hot, peppers. mmmm. Flavor. Unfortunately, my comp doesn't like fruits or vegetables. No joke. I´m trying to prepare her for life.

I´m glad to hear about JaNece, I had a dream the other day that she was smoking and inactive. That´s right, smoking. I woke up and it was the most real thing ever...jajaja. This mission has given me psycho dreams. And zach is getting married??! And ethan in high school? holy cow.

Happy birthday Jacob and Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! 
I like what you said about missions mom. It sure makes me think about life in the future someday. Not in a trunky way. But really I am seeing how God allows us experiences to expand our perspective, set priorities, and really develop a foundation for the rest of the life.

Well anyways, I hope everyone is good. I´ve already learned that no one tells me if they are not doing good anyways...I always just get the good stuff in the letters.

But have a fab week!

love, hermana andrews


No comments:

Post a Comment